6/01/2011

We were picked today, but...

A mother made a birth plan for her child today with our family. We almost went home with her little bebe. Even though we did not meet the mom or baby, Kevin and I had a good feeling, and still feel connected to her, even given what little we know of her story. Due to much information I do not (and should not) know, and much less information that I cannot share, I presume the babe went home with another family. Laws. Interpretation.

(Also, thank goodness there wasn't anything wrong with us. Well, nothing very seriously wrong with us, anyway. :))

I'm stunned. Stunned at the capacity for hope in this strong, thudding, human heart of mine.

I really had no idea what a roller coaster ride this would be. The ups and downs are dizzying. Terrifying. So incomprehensibly exciting.

It's kinda about us; how sad and disappointed we are. But it's mostly about them: I pray for this mother and her baby, and the new mother and father. Pray for smooth transition and abundant love. Pray that the baby will know the story of his/her powerful, protective, loving mother.

While watching little M play with dolls today saying emphatically "do not take my baby away!" I couldn't help but think of the other little one's birthmother. Did she feel like screaming that?

Suprisingly, my tears have not yet come. But I feel them in my throat. And in my heart.

Tonight, I stumbed upon hope in this Blog called "Living the Lectionary." And I love this image:





















For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Hope.

Future.

Thank you.

Amen.

5 comments:

  1. I carry the burden with you dear cousin and shed tears for you all. Know you will be lifted up in prayer and also know, God has the right baby for you...in His time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking and praying for you and Kevin. I am sorry friend. My heart is heavy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs to you, heart aching...hoping, prayers for the mother and all involved. hugs dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep Calm, dear Deanna, and carry on. I really love that phrase. It helps even when not much else does. What a day.

    ReplyDelete