11/14/2011

Get ready Chitown...here we come


Sweet baby Mica is amazing!  Doing baby things:  sleeping, eating, peeing, cuddling...  :)

The not-so-great news is: We are running into some legal and logistical issues regarding his adoption.

We are overjoyed at his birth, but this adoption may likely be a long and potentially tenuous road. (Sorry, we can't disclose more detail.)  

The plan as of 7AM today (Monday) is that I will leave the hospital sometime today with Mica and stay in Chicago at my brother and sister-in-law's home.  Mica and I may be there for more than six weeks.  

We hope and pray that today's paperwork process goes smoothly and quickly.  We pray for strength and peace of mind for Nichole.  We pray for my four-plus hour drive to Chicago with a three-day-old baby to go smoothly.

M and my mom are planning on joining us in Chicago this Wednesday; SSSOOOO excited for that!  Kevin hopes to go back and forth as well.

We do trust that God knows whats best for Mica, and we hope and pray that his place is with us!  

Please pray with us that all issues are resolved swiftly and decisively for his adoption.

Micah 7:7 (The Message)
 7But me, I'm not giving up.
   I'm sticking around to see what God will do.
I'm waiting for God to make things right.
   I'm counting on God to listen to me. 


Blessings,
Kevin, Deanna, M and Mica

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking time to share this. We will pray for wisdom, peace, joy, strength... all that matters to carry your family through these next few weeks. May God carry you, may He shelter you with His wings. Sometimes, when it seems there is futility in the darkness, there can also be assurance that it is the shadow of His wings. spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I to will be praying for safe travel and I LOVE the verse you have chosen from your son. Naija and Niraj have a book of Psalms for Children and their favorite one is. Psalms 63. When I lie in bed, awake after bedtime, God, I think about you. And then I feel warm and calm, like a baby bird that snuggles in its mother's wings. We will be praying for that kind of peace in this transition time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all. Safe travels and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete